Sunday, August 19, 2007

Laid Up

Well, that took all of, um, say 3 days. I guess the races and the extra training were a bit too much. I should have figured that my legs wouldn't have held up. I felt my right knee starting to go out during my regular training on last Tuesday. By the time I got home and cleaned up, the knee was dead. It was almost more excruciating than when I screwed up my left leg. I think this time I might have screwed up something in my calf that has caused my knee and IT band to go out.

On the day I hurt my knee, the knee itself and my IT band hurt. Since then the pain has gone down there, but I've had cramps and pain in my calf. It feels like there is a cord, running down the middle of my calf that is pulling on my knee and is stiff and pained. I have no idea what I hurt this time, but I'm pretty pissed about this.

It screwed up my training schedule pretty bad. I'm now unable to do any sort of interval running for the next couple of weeks and will probably have to put those off until September. Damn. I'm going to try to do some stretching and strength training on my legs and core. I'm hoping that if I can beef that up I'll keep my knees from blowing up. More importantly, I need to get back in shape for the Bucktown 5k.

No comments: