Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Attempt

Yesterday marks a fairly significant moment in my life; my first real job application. I've had precisely two jobs before law school, KFC and working for my dad. I wouldn't say I really had to apply for either. I did have an interview at KFC, but my guess is that really doesn't count for much.

I should also mention that the Librarian is responsible for a lot of the heavy lifting on this. She found the firm to apply to, redid my my resume and edited my cover letter to make it actually something useful. I'm hopeful on this one, but, honestly, not too optimistic. But it was worth it to go through the panicked feeling of actually submitting the application. I'm hoping that part gets a little easier.

On that particular front, I decided to sign up for Law Crossing. Man, is that expensive. Pinky said good things about it, so I'm going to try it out for a couple months. If it doesn't work, that's an expense that's getting cut fast. Speaking of expenses, I really need to get any sort of job I can get my hands on. Dr. H had the suggestion of getting some crap job to make some money and then volunteer at a legal clinic to get practice. I think that's a pretty good idea and might look into that.

No comments: