Monday, January 14, 2008

Fuck Armaggedon...This is Hell


The other thing I want to talk about today is my increasingly frustrating job search.  Frustrating because it's going no where.  The worst part about all of this is the silence I've been getting.  I think it's only a fair bit of courtesy that if I take the time and effort to apply to your firm, you at a minimum, send out a no thanks post card.  That's all I really ask.  If that's too expensive, how about a form rejection email.  

I've also decided to change strategies a bit here.  While before things have been going out into the ether and that was the end of it on my part, I've decided to become a bit more active in the process.  By that I mean, take the risk of being annoying.  Couldn't hurt to make some calls and shake some trees if I'm not getting jobs anyway.  I feel like the whole process is somewhat degrading.    Anyway, enough whining.

Hmm, I wish I could get in with some sharks like these.

No comments: